Choose your national park adventure
Our certified guides will lead you on the trail of your choice while providing colorful stories of the local history, the stunning natural landscape rich with wildlife and natural landforms.
Tour Details - 2020/21Closed
We have four unique and exciting Guided Full-Day Snowshoe Tours to choose from. Please note that prices are the same for all tour locations and that the difficulty for each tour is also indicated. Custom departure times available upon request.
Please check with our guides for up to date trail conditions before booking.
ROSS LAKE CIRCUIT (Yoho) - Moderate 9.5 km
The Ross Lake Circuit offers a variety of terrain for snowshoers, from well-groomed trails to meandering, forested paths. Tucked in a small valley surrounded by mountains and glaciers, the shores of Ross Lake make for a peaceful rest stop along the way.
DECEPTION PASS (Banff) - Moderate/Advanced 14.2 km
Earn your stripes on this historic trail. Located at 2485 feet, Deception Pass offers unforgettable mountain panoramas. The trail climbs at a moderate rate, past historic Temple Lodge and Halfway Hut, over Boulder pass and across Ptarmigan Lake to the base of the pass. A steep climb rewards you with spectacular views from the top of Deception Pass.
TAYLOR LAKE (Banff) - Advanced 13.5 km
Experience the subalpine on our most advanced snowshoe tour. Situated at the base of towering Mount Bell, Taylor Lake is located in a hanging valley. With an elevation gain of 592 meters, the trail to Taylor Lake is a consistent climb, but well worth the effort.
WAPTA FALLS (Banff) - Moderate 8.6 km
Wapta Falls is an excellent option for beginner snowshoers, or families with young children. With minimal elevation gain, the trail leading to Wapta Falls is a serene, relatively easy way to explore the Canadian Rockies in the winter.
- Tours are approximately 6 hours.
- Tours depart daily at 9:00 am ( custom departure times available upon request).
- Price includes experienced certified guide, snowshoe rentals (snowshoes, boots and poles), hot chocolate and snack. An optional sandwich lunch is available for $15.95 per guest.
- Season Pass & Lake Louise Plus Card Holders save 20%.
- Meet with your snowshoe guide at the guides cabin in-front of Lodge of the Ten Peaks 30 minutes before departure to collect rental equipment (meeting at the trail head also possible).
- Includes transportation from and to Lake Louise (Ski Resort and local hotels).
- The prices shown are the same for all tour locations.
Payment is required at the time of booking and reservations are recommended due to limited spaces. Changes to reservations can be made up to 24 hours before the departure time based on availability. Within 24 hours of the snowshoeing time, refunds will not be issued. As Snowshoeing is a winter sport, there will be no refunds for extreme weather conditions.