Choose your national park adventure
Our certified guides will lead you on the trail of your choice while providing colorful stories of the local history, the stunning natural landscape rich with wildlife and natural landforms.
Tour Details - 2020/21Closed
We have three unique and exciting Guided Half-Day Snowshoe Tours to choose from. Please note that prices are the same for all tour locations and that the difficulty for each tour is also indicated. Custom departure times available upon request.
Please check with our guides for up to date trail conditions before booking.
EMERALD LAKE (Yoho) - Beginner 5.3 km.
Beginning at historic Emerald Lake Lodge, this easy hike follows the shoreline of Emerald Lake. Beautiful mountain views, unique flora, and a chance to escape the crowds make Emerald Lake an ideal destination for beginner snowshoers, or families with young children.
LAKE O'HARA FIRE ROAD (Yoho) - Moderate 5 km.
Nestled close to the boundary between Banff and Yoho National Parks, this tour follows a summertime access road where mountain views play peekaboo through the trees. The trail gains elevation at a moderate rate and the distance can be adjusted to suit
SHERBROOKE LAKE (Yoho) - Advanced 6.2 km.
Sherbrooke Lake is an advanced snowshoe tour, but worth every minute. Beginning near the shores of Wapta Lake, this tour climbs steadily uphill for the first two kilometers, before levelling out into more moderate terrain. Your destination, Sherbrooke Lake, is located in a secluded valley that offers stunning views of mountains, glaciers, and subalpine forests.
- Tours are approximately 3-4 hours.
- Tours depart daily at 9:00 am.
- Price includes experienced certified guide, snowshoe rentals (snowshoes, boots and poles), hot chocolate and snack.
- Season Pass & Lake Louise Plus Card Holders save 20%.
- Meet with your snowshoe guide at the guides cabin in-front of Lodge of the Ten Peaks 30 minutes before departure to collect rental equipment (meeting at the trail head also possible).
- Transportation from and to Lake Louise available on request (Ski Resort and local hotels).
- The prices shown below are the same for all tour locations.
Payment is required at the time of booking and reservations are recommended due to limited spaces. Changes to reservations can be made up to 24 hours before the departure time based on availability. Within 24 hours of the snowshoeing time, refunds will not be issued. As Snowshoeing is a winter sport, there will be no refunds for extreme weather conditions.