• Base Area Fun
Home > Getting Here > Traveling to Canada

Traveling To Canada


For short term visits to Canada you will need a valid passport, unless you are an American citizen or permanent resident arriving from the U.S.A. in which case you must provide proof of citizenship or residency upon request. Proof of citizenship consists of a passport, original or certified copy of your U.S. birth certificate, current voter's registration card, U.S. military discharge papers, or certificate of citizenship or naturalization. If you are a permanent resident of the U.S.A., but not a U.S. citizen you must provide your 'green card' if requested. Persons under 18 years traveling without their parents should have identification and a letter of authorization from a parent or guardian to travel into Canada.

For citizens of certain countries Canada requires a visitors visa to be obtained from their nearest Canadian Consulate before entry into Canada, please check if this is required before your trip.

A convenient source of information about international travel and consular services is the Consular Affairs home page. Click here to visit www.travel.state.gov.

Getting Here

2016/17 Lake Louise Plus Card