The BMC Registration is now full. There will not be any registrations available on the day of.
The Lake Louise Big Mountain Challenge is back for its 17th year! This big mountain freeride competition is non-sanctioned which means it's chill, laid back and all about FUN! Whether it's your first competition or your 20th, it is sure to be a blast!
There are categories for both skiing and snowboarding for men & women who are 18+!
Our 3 Judges will use the same criteria as the Freeride World Qualifier and will award points for line, control, fluidity, style/energy and tecnique! Prizes will be awarded for the podium finishers! Sponsored by The North Face & FRESH Ski Shop!
- Men Ski (18+).
- Ladies Ski (18+).
- Men Snowboard (18+).
- Ladies Snowboard (18+).
Registration is now full! We will not be accepting any registrations on the morning of.
Discounted Lift Tickets
We will be offering a discount on the purchase of your lift ticket. Please see the Check-In desk on the morning of the event. Or, you can purchase a discounted ticket when you register online.
Sunday February 23rd, 2020 – QUALIFIERS & FINALS.
- 7:00am – 8:15am: Mandatory check-in at the Sitzmark Lounge.
- 8:15am: Mandatory coach & athlete meeting in the Sitzmark Lounge.
- There will be no late registrations available the day of.
- 9:00am: Load Glacier Chair & Top of the World Chair.
- 9:30am – 10:30am: Mandatory Inspection Runs (no hitting of features.)
- 11:00am – 4:00pm: Qualifying Runs followed by Finals Runs. We will run these back to back.
- Results & Awards to follow in the Sitzmark Lounge, whenever the last competitor is done and the judges have tallied the scores.
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm: Beverages & Snacks will be available for purchase in the Sitzmark Lounge.
These rules are governed by the IFSA and the Lake Louise Ski Resort Patrol.
- Competitors may go in and INSPECT their lines only, which includes skiing or riding down and looking at the features.
- Competitors are NOT allowed to jump over any features.
- Competitors MUST have their bib on during inspection.
- This area will be monitored by the Technical Director and you will be DQ’d if these rules are not followed.
Competitor bibs will be worn during the event. A $40 Cash Deposit (or your driver’s licence) will be required during check-in; you will receive this back when the bib is returned!
All participants must sign an event waiver, which is available at the Check In desk.