Learn about a day in the life of a ski patroller!
Have you ever dreamed about working at a ski resort? Are you interested in learning more about ski patrol and what their day to day tasks are? In an effort to support & encourage more women in this field, our own ladies in this very important role are putting on this workshop just for you - Girls Do Patrol!
Open for girl skiers only aged 14 to 21. Advanced to expert ability ONLY.
- $30 fee gets you a day with Ski Patrol, a hot lunch, a complimentary lift ticket, avi gear to borrow for the day, and some swag.
- Event Waivers must be signed and helmets are mandatory when skiing around.
- 7:55am: Meet at Whiskey Jack Patrol Hut (located in the base area, past the Banded Peak Base Camp). Be ready to go with your gear on!
- 8:00am: Morning Meeting with Patrol.
- 8:30am: Run Checks.
- 9:30am: Station 1 - Toboggan Running & First Aid.
- 12:30pm: Lunch.
- 1:00pm: Station 2 - Avalanche Scenario.
- 2:00pm: Station 3 - Avalanche Dog Rescue.
- 3:30pm: Boomerang Sweep.
- 4:00pm: End of Day and Prizes.
What to Bring
- Extra Layers. Please dress to the weather conditions.
- Water & snacks.
- Your own ski gear. Helmets are Mandatory.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for April 2nd, 2023