The event is a part of the North American Freeride Junior Tour, sanctioned by the International Freeskier & Snowboarder Association. Freeriders compete in Big 7 over the course of two days and are judged on line, control, fluidity, technique, and style. This is a National Event for ages 7 - 18! Sponsored by The North Face, FRESH Skis and the Lake Louise Inn.
Alberta Restrictions Exemption Program in effect. At this time, all spectators, athletes, parents, siblings and coaches who are 12 and over must be fully vaccinated, provide a negative test result (within 72 hours) or provide a medical exemption. Medical exemptions must be provided in advance of your visit. View Safety Protocols Here.
- Thursday March 3: Optional Check In and Inspection.
- Friday March 4: Qualifier Runs, aged 7 to 14 skiers.
- Saturday March 5: Qualifier Runs, aged 15 - 18 skiers.
- Sunday March 6: Finals for all ages.
- 7-11 Boys Ski.
- 7-11 Girls Ski.
- 12-14 Boys Ski.
- 12-14 Girls Ski.
- 15-18 Boys Ski.
- 15-18 Girls Ski.
Bibs & Gear
Athletes will have a bib assigned to them. A $40 Cash Bib Deposit is required at check-in. You will receive this back once the bib is returned. Helmets and Back Protectors are MANDATORY in this event.
Athlete Package & Waivers
All participants must sign an event waiver for the Lake Louise Ski Resort as well as the IFSA. An Athlete Package will be emailed out to the email address provided on The Driven which will include waivers, Athlete Bios, Discounted Ticket Price Info, etc.
Discounted Lift Tickets
Open Online Registration began Wednesday December 8 at 6pm MST, through a Third Party website called The Driven. Event Registration is $125 CAD. This does not include your IFSA membership fees or lift tickets.
- Your IFSA membership must be validated first.
- Registration can commence after that.
- Full details are available on the link below!
Coach Registration & Ticket Policy
Coaches will only qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven. You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2021 IFSA Coach Membership. Coaches must follow the Alberta Restrictions Exemption Program and need to show proof of double vaccination, a negative test within 72 hours or a medical exemption. Free lift tickets below must only be used by registered coaches, and cannot be given to a parent or a friend. Register Now.
- 1-4 Athletes: 1 Free Lift Ticket.
- 5 – 10 Athletes: 2 Free Lift Tickets.
- 11 – 15 Athletes: 3 Free Lift Tickets.
Cancellation Policy: If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued. If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued. No refunds will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date.
Event Cancellation Policy: If the event is cancelled due to weather, covid-19 restrictions or unforeseen circumstances on the Wednesday February 23rd 2022 or later (one week from the event start) no refund will be issued but your fees will carry over to the next event that can be held. If you cannot attend the next event, a 50% refund will be issued.
During Inspection (Thursday March 3 and each competition morning) these rules must be followed. These Inspection Rules are governed by the IFSA and the Lake Louise Ski Resort Patrol and Technical Director.
- Athletes may go in and INSPECT their lines only at this time, which includes skiing or riding down and looking at the features.
- One coach may be present with the Athlete. If the Athlete is an Independent, one parent may be present.
- Athletes are NOT allowed to jump over any features.
- Athletes MUST have their bib, helmet & back protector on.
- This area will be monitored by the Technical Director and athletes will be DQ’d if these rules are not followed.