It’s the ultimate outdoor summer activity to do with your family or friends. Grab your bike and head out to Banff to begin this biking challenge along the Bow Valley Parkway (Highway 1A.) This road has been closed to vehicles from Banff to Castle Junction, making it one of Canada’s most memorable & scenic bike routes.
A 58 km ride takes you right to the quieter side of Lake Louise, at the Summer Gondola. Show the servers at Banded Peak Base Camp your Strava or Garmin activity and receive a free Banded Peak beer (355ml) and a Parkway to Pint t-shirt! $5 pints will also be available. Bask in the sun on our spacious patio away from the crowds before you make the trek back. This will surely be one of your summer bucket list items to check off the list!
If you are already in Lake Louise, you can still participate. From the Summer Gondola, take the Bow Valley Parkway down to Castle Junction and back, which is roughly the same distance.
- Pick any day from July 1 to September 19 to participate.
- Start your journey in Banff or Lake Louise & park at any of the specified locations, below.
- Track your adventure using Strava, Garmin, Map My Ride or any other app of choice.
- Ride the Bow Valley Parkway to the Lake Louise Summer Gondola (3 hour 20 min average time).
- Arrive and park your bike in our new bike corral beside the Banded Peak Base Camp (look for the flags.)
- Show the servers at the Base Camp your ride activity on your phone.
- Receive a free 355ml Banded Peak beer, on us!
- You’ll also receive a free Parkway to Pint T-shirt.
- $5 pints of Banded Peak also available to riders only.
- No reservations required at the Banded Peak Base Camp.
- Tables are first come, first served.
- Offer available to participants who are 18 years of age or older with a valid photo ID.
- If you aren’t up for the return trip to Banff, Roam Transit is available from the village and can take you and your bike back to your car.
- E-Bikes, Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Recumbent Bikes… use any bike to get you there!
Further info below.
Banff Parking Info
Information taken from Parks Canada’s website.
Cyclists planning to ride the Bow Valley Parkway should park at the Town of Banff Fenlands Recreation Centre or Train Station parking lots. Both are accessible via the Norquay Road entrance to the town (across from the giant Banff sign.)
From there, you ride along Vermilion Lakes Road (shared with vehicles) to the far end, then hop on the paved Legacy Trail to reach the Bow Valley Parkway or 1A.
Lake Louise Parking Info
There is plenty of free parking at the Lake Louise Summer Gondola. Start your journey here (or in town) if you are doing the Lake Louise route.
Get Social With Us
- Post photos or videos to your social media accounts and be sure to tag @skilouise, @bandedpeak_brewing and #ParkwayToPint.
- For every post that is made, we will do a draw at the end of each summer month for some cool swag prizes.
Hours of Operation
The Banded Peak Base Camp (previously Kokanee Kabin) is ready for summer!
- July 1 – Aug 16 (11:00am – 6:30pm).
- Aug 17 – Sept 7 (10:30am – 7:00pm).
- Sept 8 – Sept 19 (10:30am – 6:30pm).
Please note: The Banded Peak Base Camp is weather dependent and may close in extreme weather. To avoid disappointment, please call: +1 (403) 522-3555 prior to riding out here.