Take a walk on the wild side
Explore our scenic hiking trails this summer and discover some of the most picturesque terrain in Banff National Park and the Canadian Rockies. Trails range from 1.7 km to 2.5 km round trips and are located at the top of the Summer Gondola just above a wildlife corridor closure area. See our hiking trail map for more details.
For inquiries about trail conditions and status please call the Guides at 1 (403) 522-1385.
Due to the presence of an active wildlife corridor, hiking is not permitted on the lower mountain. Those hiking on the upper mountain must use the lift to access our hiking trails and to return to the base lodges and parking area.
- Trails may close at any time due to the presence of bears.
- Trails may also close due to adverse weather conditions.
- Hiking in closed areas is not permitted.
- Hikers must be prepared for changing weather and trail conditions. Like anywhere in Banff National Park, assistance may not be readily available if needed.
- We strongly recommend hiking in groups of 4 or more.
- Hike at your own risk. Hikers accept full responsibility for their safety and well-being.
Pass the line ups and get guaranteed free parking for your car or RV! Drive in and park instantly in any of our huge parking lots conveniently located just outside of the main day lodge.