Learn about this precious and beautiful mountain paradiseFree with the purchase of a Summer Gondola ticket or valid lift pass
Located a 5-10 minute walk from the top of the sightseeing gondola, the Wildlife Interpretive Centre is filled with many exciting & engaging ways for you to learn about everything that makes the Lake Louise area of Banff National Park so special! Inside you will find:
- Life-sized displays of many of the animal species that call this area home.
- Information boards filled with all sorts of information about your favourite local wildlife.
- A wide variety of digital and video programming.
- Our friendly and informative interpretive staff are always on hand to answer all of your questions.
- Touch and feel animal pelts, skulls, claws, (fake) droppings and so much more.
- A small retail space filled with many books and guides for you to take home and continue your wildlife learning journey.
- Washrooms, drinking water, access to the Whitehorn Bistro, and much more!
Free Nature Talks!
Twice daily the interpretive team will provide free 15 minute educational talks near the viewing platform at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm (once conditions allow). Topics will range from bears and other local animals to geology, glaciers, wildflowers and more!
Embark on an extraordinary journey through the upper-mountain trails at Lake Louise, where the sky is your only limit.
The Lake Louise Summer Gondola is one of the best places to safely view grizzly bears, black bears and many other amazing wildlife species.